As a long-time pin-straight- thin-haired gal, this past Christmas I decided to gift my self long luxurious hair… aka- extensions. The brand of extensions I had applied were HotHeads Hair Extensions.
Since I got them put in, I received many compliments as well as quite a few questions after I share my little “secret” (read: non-secret). Now that I’ve had them for over 4 months, had them redone once and am awaiting having them redone a second time I thought now would be a good time to share the pros and cons that I’ve experienced so far.
In addition to the below video and pros and cons list, my Instagram friends got to see my very first panel that fell out- oh yea, I Instagram all the exciting stuff. You should totally follow me there sometime ;)
*It’s also worth noting that I wore these in the pool and ocean when I was in Hawaii and you could not see them, nor did they get ruined.
- Can reuse pieces up to approx 1 year making them slightly more affordable than other extensions
- Panels cannot be felt when you run your hand down your hair
- Little to no breakage in hair (at least in my first go-round)
- Can be curled (shown here), straightened and pulled back in a low ponytail and look natural (as long as direct heat is NOT on the adhesive part itself.)
- They do not last up to 4 months (as told) before you need the panels to be touched up with new adhesive
- Hair ends get dry, frizzy and at times can be hard to manage without a lot of leave in conditioner.
If you have any questions that I did not answer in the review please just let me know and I’d be happy to answer.