Packing has never been my strong suit.
I am notoriously guilty of waiting til’ last minute, packing every item in my closet and needing an extra bag for my 12 pairs of shoes.
When we received the itinerary for our 24 hour cross country trip with Delta, I panicked. 5 hours on a plane, and straight to Malibu’s NoBu without as much of as a stop at the hotel to “freshen up”?
“Help! How do you pack like a celebrity jet-setting across the country?”
I am happy to say I figured it out, and have a few tips to share should you ever be in a similar travel-style crisis.
Celebrity Travel Style Tips:
1. Wear one versatile staple that can comfortably go from day to night, like leggings or a maxi dress.
2. Layer! A cropped jacket or cardigan that can be used in chilly weather is a must especially when traveling from cold to warm weather (or vice versa).
3. Pack a statement necklace or bracelet to dress up your evening outfit.
4. Wedges or booties are great options that can be comfortable enough for travel and dressy enough for your evening plans.
My versatile staple were Vince Camuto faux leather leggings.
Below day to night style that is similar to the one I wore for my trip (I had a hard time finding the exact top I wore- but love the one below just as much)
Cropped denim jacket, Quick Silver|Basic white tee, Reiss|Dayna Print Ballet Flat, Rockport|Mara Infinity Scarf, Guess|Faux leather leggings, Vince Camuto|Cluster Stone Necklace, Forever 21| Metallic layered Tunic, Forever 21
Makeup and hair is possibly a bigger challenge than packing when you have next to no time to touch up or re-do. A challenge, but as I found out… it’s not impossible.
Hair and Makeup Travel Tips:
1. Prime your make up- but don’t finish your look. Moisturize, light layer of foundation and concealer, very little bronzer , shadow primer and basic beige shadow and very, very light mascara.
2. Wait til last minute to apply your shadow and full make up. I did this 1/2 hour before we landed.
3. Rock a Sock Bun. If your hair, like mine goes flat after just a few hours, a sock bun is an elegant night look. Sock bun makers can be purchased for under $5 and Goody Spin pins are great for holding in buns as well.
4. Dry Shampoo can be a lifesaver as well, Bumble and Bumble’s hair powder is my favorite because it not only absorbs oil and adds volume, it has color to it that covers grays (not ..um… that I … uh.. have any of those.)
Below are some of the products that I used and brought with me for the Delta NonStopNYC trip.
|Phenomeneyes Mascara, Givenchy| Just Bitten lip stain & balm, Revlon| Naked 2 Pallet, Urban Decay| Goody Spin Pins| Sock Bun Maker, Conair| 2-in-1 Tone Rehab, Covergirl & Olay| Simply Ageless Concealer,Cover Girl Olay| Hair Powder, Bumble and Bumble|